In the world of Android, all it takes is one leak – pretty much like the Hollywood world. The official Android 4.4 KITKAT has been available only on the Nexus 5 for now, many custom rom developers are already working on releasing there firmwares based on Android 4.4 KITKAT code (more details here).
And as we speak, the first unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 has hit the web, via OmniROM and it’s available for download. OmniROM is available for not only the interntional Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 but its other variants as well such as the GT-N7105, the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 and the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 models.
Officially, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is still pending, so we are expecting Android 4.4 KITKAT to feature some time early next year on the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Instructions on how to get the Android 4.4 KitKat for the Galaxy Note 2 can be found on the xda-developers Forum (link). The build however is at the early experimental stages and for other developers and enthusiasts to play with, so flashing it right away for not so technical geeks is not recommened at this stage.
Latest posts by Erum Shakil (see all)
- Google Glass Knockoff for only $20, Claims to be better than $1500+ Google Glass itself - October 28, 2014
- Install Android Apps on Nokia X using the .apk - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 To Feature A Curved Screen [Rumors] - June 19, 2014
- Nokia X : How to Get Android Homescreen launcher on - June 19, 2014
- Game of Throne fans welcome Hodor Keyboard - June 17, 2014