Google announced it’s very own Cloud printing application. Now you can print anything from anywhere, all you need is Cloud Print enabled printer.
On your android device:
Simply start by installing Google Cloud Print application on your android device, the device should have Android version 2.3 or Higher.
How to Set-up the printer?
I know many of you would be thinking that a special kind of printer will be required to do the job that has to be connected with some sort of an internet connection with a complex ip address or something but you’ll be amazed to know, there is no such complications involved.
To connect your classic printer, enable the Google Cloud Print connector on any (non-Chrome OS) computer that is already connected to your printer and able to print. You’ll need Google Chrome to be installed on the computer. If you’re using Windows XP, make sure you also have the Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) installed.
Once Google Chrome is installed, follow the steps below to enable the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome.
- Log in to your user account on the Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click the Show advanced settings link.
- Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. Click Sign in to Google Cloud Print.
- In the window that appears, sign in with your Google Account to enable the Google Cloud Print connector.
- Select the printers you want to connect, and then click Add printer(s).
- You’ll see a confirmation that Google Cloud Print has been enabled. Click Manage your printers to learn more.
The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer using Google Cloud Print whenever you’re signed in with the same Google Account.
I have tried at my end and its working.. You try you decide how easy it is.
Latest posts by GJ (see all)
- Once Upon A Time In The World Of Cellphones! - June 30, 2013
- World’s Thinnest Smartphones – Optimus G, Galaxy S3, Xperia Z and a Chinese Surprise! - June 20, 2013
- Google launched it’s very own Cloud Print App - June 16, 2013
- (Top Android App) Today’s Best Android Launchers And Homescreen Replacement Apps - June 14, 2013
- Nokia Announces a halt on Symbian Phones - June 13, 2013