The German automobile giant BMW in a recent series of events announced the arrival of Siri “Eyes Free” mode to be a key feature in all of its 2014 models.
iPhone users can interact with the latest BMWs using Siri and BMW’s ConnectedDrive Internet service. This latest update is not restricted to iPhone owners who happen to flash BMWs as well but is also going to be available for Samsung smartphone owners as the BMW iDrive will support both Apple Siri and Samsung S Voice.
The feature can be accessed through vehicle’s voice command control by pressing and holding the steering wheel voice command button. The update allows a one-time press option, where the driver need not keep holding the button, as the voice command will continue to run once activated.
Apple has showcased at last year WWDC that it is working with BMW, Mercedes, GM, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, Chrysler and Honda on an integrated, intelligent drive initiative.
Eyes Free cars seems to be the new revolution in the automobile industry, with Chevrolet, Honda and Acura all joining hands in the charade. Honda and Acura has already introduced this feature in this year’s models, whereas Chevy’s announcement is for the next year’s line up.
Latest posts by Erum Shakil (see all)
- Google Glass Knockoff for only $20, Claims to be better than $1500+ Google Glass itself - October 28, 2014
- Install Android Apps on Nokia X using the .apk - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 To Feature A Curved Screen [Rumors] - June 19, 2014
- Nokia X : How to Get Android Homescreen launcher on - June 19, 2014
- Game of Throne fans welcome Hodor Keyboard - June 17, 2014