Apple rolled out an update to Mac OS X Mountain LionWednesday that brings with it system-wide Facebook integration.
On a day when most of the attention will be dedicated to the release of iOS 6 for mobile devices, Mac OS X 10.8.2 brings single sign-on access to the world’s most popular social network.
Users will be able to sign into Facebook, as they have with Twitter, and share links and photos, download friend details to the Contacts app, and also see notifications in the new Notifications Center.
The Facebook integration also stretches to Game Center, which now includes Facebook Likes on each game’s page and shared high scores through Facebook, email, and Twitter.
Latest posts by Erum Shakil (see all)
- Nest Is Just the Beginning of Smart Home Tech - December 7, 2012
- Full Facebook integration comes to Mac OS X 10.8 - December 7, 2012
- Apple iMac review (2012) - December 7, 2012
- SEC mulls hitting Netflix with suit over news shared on Facebook - December 7, 2012
- HTC 8X, 8S and Butterfly to reach China in mid-December - December 7, 2012