TWRP is the latest custom recovery for android devices, which is totally touch screen based, kindly makes CWM outdated. Wanted to try it out, since it is all new and all, so here’s how you can give it a go yourself
You’d need to be rooted for this, so in case you are not yet rooted, refer to this post
Step 1: Download CF Auto Root package by Tweeting, Sharing, Liking or Google Plusing this article! 🙂
(we are going to use use ODIN from this package, it is the most reliable Odin for me, and I higly recommend it) and extract it.
Step 2: Download TWRP Recovery from here (Note: this recovery file is ONLY FOR NOTE II N7100)
Step 2: Get your system and Note II ready, install Kies and Samsung USB driveron your computer, in case you haven’t already and keep your official micro-usb cable at hand
Step 3: Open Odin and put “openrecovery-twrp-18.104.22.168-t03g.img” in PDA
Step 4: Turn off Note II and reboot in download mode (Vol down+Home+Power button), once booted in download mode, you’ll see a warning, press Vol up to continue.
Step 5: Connect your device to your system and wait till device successfully added to com port (it will turn yellow or light blue)
Step 6: Press start and flash away!
Step 7: Wait till you see “PASS” in ODIN, the phone will automatically boot
Step 8: Reboot your phone in Recovery Mode (Vol Up+Home+Power Button) and welcome TWRP recovery!
Happy Flashing! And oh here’s a video to help you through 🙂
Latest posts by Erum Shakil (see all)
- Google Glass Knockoff for only $20, Claims to be better than $1500+ Google Glass itself - October 28, 2014
- Install Android Apps on Nokia X using the .apk - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 To Feature A Curved Screen [Rumors] - June 19, 2014
- Nokia X : How to Get Android Homescreen launcher on - June 19, 2014
- Game of Throne fans welcome Hodor Keyboard - June 17, 2014