This one is specially for Jon Martin, one of my YouTube viewers 🙂
How to Root Samsung Illusion – A bundle of thanks to Shabby Penguin for the rooting tools.
Note: This method is for Windows users only, Edendroid.com and the author is not responsible of any damages caused to your phone by following the tutorial
- Install Samsung USB drivers you downloaded just now, also make sure you have Samsung Kies installed.
- Extract Odin and open the program.
- Click on PDA and load pre-rooted kernel on the slot.
- Now turn off your phone and put it in download mode (Power button + Volume down)
- Once in download mode, connect the phone to the computer with USB cable
- The com port on Odin should turn yellow if everything has been followed correctly
- Once the com port turns yellow, it means the phone is connected and you can hit Start.
- That’s all, just wait and let the device reboot.
- There is however a bug in pre-rooted kernel which causes no wifi/cell service – following the same steps as above, after rooting, turn the phone off again after 5 mins, and put in download mode and flash Stock Kernel listed above.
Latest posts by Erum Shakil (see all)
- Google Glass Knockoff for only $20, Claims to be better than $1500+ Google Glass itself - October 28, 2014
- Install Android Apps on Nokia X using the .apk - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 To Feature A Curved Screen [Rumors] - June 19, 2014
- Nokia X : How to Get Android Homescreen launcher on - June 19, 2014
- Game of Throne fans welcome Hodor Keyboard - June 17, 2014