The new Google Play web store as announced at Google I/O in May this year is not live! Google is following a flat card like design on Google Play website, as we’ve already seen on the Google Play 4.0 Android app. You can find all the categories neatly arranged in Play Movies, Music, Books, Magazines and solo apps, obviously depending on where you live. In addition to the new design, Google Play webstore design is also responsive and will adjust as it needs to depending on your screen size.
The navigation is pretty intuitive with a left-side menu alignment with tabs for Apps, Movies & TV, Music, etc. One simply has to click to jump to each section and browse multitude of apps for your android devices. In my opinion the layout is clean and user friendly yet neatly color coded for seamless navigation. Probably an inspiration from Microsoft and Windows 8’s metro style?
What’s new is a Wishlists area added to the web-store and strangely in the new design Google has removed the capability of uninstalling apps from the web (why? I don’t see it at least!) and along with that I couldn’t find which apps are installed on which devices.
If you find any secrets, have tips, or notice anything missing, be sure to share them in the comments!
Latest posts by Erum Shakil (see all)
- Google Glass Knockoff for only $20, Claims to be better than $1500+ Google Glass itself - October 28, 2014
- Install Android Apps on Nokia X using the .apk - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 To Feature A Curved Screen [Rumors] - June 19, 2014
- Nokia X : How to Get Android Homescreen launcher on - June 19, 2014
- Game of Throne fans welcome Hodor Keyboard - June 17, 2014